NOTE: BEFORE SUBMITTING ANY APPLICATION PLEASE CONTACT STAFF FOR AN ELIGIBILITY DETERMINATION AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Currently the Central Iowa Housing Trust Fund is accepting applications for funding on an ongoing basis. Approximately $104,843 is available for eligible housing applications. Additional match and other requirements are described below.
The following entities are eligible to apply for funding from the Central Iowa Housing Trust Fund (CIHTF):
– Government Entities (Cities and Counties)
– For Profit Entities (Certain Limitations May Apply)
Projects are awarded on a first come, first ready to proceed basis. Other applicable information includes:
– All funding and local match must go to housing project benefiting households at 80% or lower of the Area Median Income.
– There is a 33.34% local match requirement for projects. Funds will be given to the CIHTF before a grant agreement can be signed. Local match will be drawn down with grant funding as the project is implemented.
– Applicants are responsible for all income verification requirements.
– Projects funding is based on actual costs incurred and is a reimbursement program.
– A minimum of 30% of grant funding from IFA must go to assisting households at or below 30% of Area Median Income (Extremely Low Income Populations). Project proposals that will benefit a higher percentage of Extremely Low Income Populations will be prioritized higher. The higher the percentage of Extremely Low Income Populations proposed to receive funding, the higher the prioritization.
– Additional consideration will be given to applications targeting vulnerable and special-needs populations not limited to the homeless, those with disabilities, survivors of domestic violence, and those in transitional housings.
– Funding is available in the form of grants, loans, and forgivable loans.
To download a paper copy of the grant application, please click here.
To utilize the online grant form, please click here.
To download the REQUIRED local match form, please click here
Additional requirements for a completed application include:
– Resolution or other documentation that approves the application submittal
– If the community where the project is taking place must have a resolution stating their support of the CIHTF on file. Contact staff with questions.
Current Income Limits – Visit Documents Page HERE